Once again, my cousin Peggy sent over another great recipe. This time it is for Stuffed Figs with Gorgonzola. She has included the dietary information as well. She has served this several times and it is soooo good. Enjoy. Next time she makes it I will take a picture. I found youtube video that is similar to her recipe.
Gorgonzola Stuffed Figs
1 (8-ounce) package California dried figs
1 (12-ounce) container soft cream cheese
4 ounces Gorgonzola OR blue cheese
20 pecan halves
- Snip stems from figs. Heat figs to boiling in light syrup (1 cup granulated sugar to 1 pint water) to cover and allow to stand until plumped and cool. Snip deep crosses into each and spread out until almost flat. Remove seeds, if desired. Blend cheeses together in blender or food processor.
- With pastry tube or wet spoon, fill centers of figs with cheese mixture. Stand pecan half on end in center of each. Chill and serve cold.
Makes 20 hors d'oeuvres.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 114; Fat 8 grams; Protein 3 grams; Carbohydrates 8 grams; Dietary Fiber 1 gram; Calories from fat 61%; Sodium 161 mg; Cholesterol 22 mg.
Roasted Fig Salad with Walnut Gorgonzola Dressing
16 dried Figs, each cut into 3 pieces
3/4 cup Gorgonzola Cheese
3/4 cup whole Walnuts. Make sure they're fresh. There's nothing worse than a rancid walnut.
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegar
A small wineglass full of dry White Wine
About 6 cups of mixed baby greens
1/2 head Radicchio
2 heads Belgian Endive
- Toss first 5 ingredients lightly and spread in a shallow baking pan or cast iron frying pan.
- preheat oven then roast in 400 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven and deglaze with wine.
- Clean and rinse lettuce in ice water. Drain and dry well.
- Assemble lettuce on plates (four of them is the recommended number) and divide figs and dressing among them evenly.